Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Trooper in a Chicago winter

I do not like:

1. North Evanston homeowners who do not shovel their walks. Makes it hard for geezers to get around atop the frozen slush. Especially if a lively small dog is on the other end of the leash. At one street corner I took a rolling tumble, but the thump of my landing did not spook Trooper. He just stood in place on the loose leash while I righted myself. Nothing was bruised except my pride.

2. North Evanston business owners who use a particularly corrosive form of ice melter to clear their walks instead of shoveling them. Trooper whimpered and shook all four of his paws after we walked past a guilty auto repair shop. I had to pick him up and carry him home. Then I had to wash the methyl-ethyl bad shit off Trooper’s paws in the bathtub.

Can’t wait for the jar of Musher’s Secret Dog Paw Wax, ordered yesterday, to arrive from Amazon.com tomorrow.

So it goes for this service dog team in winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment